Accounts Receivable Manager
Smith Arnold Partners
Are you an Accounts Receivable professional who thrives in a collaborative entrepreneurial environment where you will be both rewarded for your efforts, and afforded the opportunity to partner with all key business partners for a key player in the growing world of logistics and product transportation and distribution while reporting to a top-shelf VP Finance? If so, this Accounts Receivable Manager opportunity could be for you.
See what people are saying about working here:
• “Great opportunity to work for an emerging publicly-traded company.”
• “Quick access to surrounding New York locations.”
• “Collaborative and diverse workforce!”
• “Benefits are excellent!”
• “Great company to grow with!”
Title: Accounts Receivable Manager
Salary: $90,000 to $110,000 Bonus eligible
Location: Queens, NY
A successful nationwide logistics and transportation support division of a publicly-traded company is seeking to hire a talented Accounts Receivable Manager to join its corporate finance team to manage the Accounts Receivable function across all division business operations. Reporting to the division’s VP of Finance, the Accounts Receivable Manager will work closely with the Finance Team and Branch Managers to perform and help implement best practices that ensure the company’s competitive position in the market. This is a unique opportunity to work on a fun team supporting the growth of an industry-leading business with a global reach in one of the world’s fastest-growing business sectors.
• Responsibilities for the Accounts Receivable Manager will include managing accounts receivable operations, including overseeing timely collection of payments of more than $200 million annually, responding to manager and customer inquiries, and investigating and resolving discrepancies and disputes.
• Liaising with branch managers nationwide, including leading regular calls among all branches regarding collections, duty payments, and other A/R-related matters.
• Working closely with IT, Operations, and Finance colleagues to leverage technology solutions to enhance collections and receivables management processes, increase efficiencies, and resolve recurring issues.
• Accounting or Business degree (or relevant experience) required; graduate degree preferred.
• 8-10+ years of accounting experience in a fast-paced, high-growth environment (public/private corporate mix of experience is a plus).
• 5 years’ experience leading, managing, mentoring, and developing Accounts Receivable and general accounting teams.
• Process-improvement mindset geared toward leveraging information systems.
• Strong technical accounting skills, including in-depth knowledge of leading-edge A/R techniques, strategies, and technologies, as well applying related GAAP principles.
• Freight and logistics industry experience is a plus but not required.
• Hands-on ability to utilize Excel (VLOOKUPs, pivot tables), and various ERP systems.