Human Resources Director
Smith Arnold Partners
Are you a Human Resources professional who thrives in a collaborative entrepreneurial environment where you will be able to make your mark by defining an expanding company’s North American HR infrastructure? Would a role offering exposure to all key facets of the business, as well as to global senior management be appealing to you? If so, then this opportunity to be the company’s Human Resources Director could be for you.
Title: Human Resources Director
Salary: $140,000 to $170,000 Bonus eligible
Location: New York, NY
A highly successful internationally based company is seeking to hire a motivated Human Resources Director to lead the build out of the company’s North American corporate HR infrastructure. Reporting directly to the North American CFO, the Human Resources Director will be responsible for developing the region’s HR strategies and policies, recruitment, training and development, compensation and benefits, and employee relations. Additionally, the successful candidate will regularly interface with the company’s global senior management team. This an excellent opportunity to join an expanding and talented group of professionals where one can directly support the growth of a global leader in its segment.
• Responsibilities for the Human Resources Director will include developing the region’s HR functions and processes based on business priorities.
• Growing the recruiting and interviewing programs, including platforms, sources, interviewing, and counseling managers on candidate selection.
• Reviewing, selecting, and implementing the company’s HRIS processes.
• Maintaining and improving employee benefits programs, and owning the payroll processing process.
• Enhancing the performance development process including year-end evaluations, mid-year assessments, and development action plans.
• Assisting in the development of the region’s employee handbook.
• Further developing the segment’s onboarding program.
• Ensuring legal compliance with Human Resources practices and federal and state requirements.
• Partnering closely with internationally based corporate business partners.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field, Master’s/PHR certification a plus
• Experience building teams; startup experience a plus
• Hands on experience in developing or enhancing policies and procedures
• Ability to develop an effective and efficient recruiting strategy
• In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices
• Strong proficiency in MS Office suite and HRIS systems
• Ability to effectively engage with highly credentialed internal teams, and international business partners