Finance Manager / Divisional Controller
Smith Arnold Partners
Are you an accounting professional who thrives in a collaborative entrepreneurial environment where you will be both rewarded for your efforts, and afforded the opportunity to take your career to the next level? Would a role offering exposure to all key facets of the business in the growing world of logistics and product transportation and distribution while reporting to a top-shelf Chief Financial Officer? If so, this Divisional Controller opportunity could be for you.
See what people are saying about working here:
• “The Chief Financial Officer is top-shelf!”
• “Great opportunity to work for an emerging publicly-traded company.”
• “Quick access to surrounding New York locations.”
• “Collaborative and diverse workforce!”
• “Great company to grow with!”
Title: Divisional Controller
Salary: $100,000 to $120,000 Bonus eligible
Location: Queens, NY
A successful nationwide logistics and transportation support division of a publicly-traded company is seeking to hire a multi-talented Divisional Controller with a background in the logistics, supply chain, and transportation sectors to perform accounting responsibilities for its multiple distribution locations and branches. Reporting to the company’s Chief Financial Officer, the Divisional Controller will work closely with the Finance Team and Branch Managers to perform and help implement best accounting practices that ensure the company’s competitive position in the market. This is a unique opportunity to work on a team having fun building an industry-leading business with a global reach in one of the world’s fastest-growing business sectors.
• Responsibilities for the Divisional Controller include supporting the preparation of financial statements and balance sheet reconciliations for multiple site locations.
• Participating in the month-end closing process for the company’s branch and satellite locations.
• Assisting the Chief Financial Officer with Cash flow control for the company’s branches and distribution locations.
• Applying hands-on knowledge of Revenue Recognition (ASC 606) standards to operational transactions.
• Handling a full set of accounts for the logistics and supply chain department, including payment preparation and monitoring of accounts receivables.
• Performing bank sheet reconciliations and assist with group financing, including financing requirements.
• Utilizing logistics software to support productivity and improve integration, automation, and communication with the supply chain.
• Assisting with the Risk Assessment and annual audit plan.
• Performing ad-hoc assignments as required by Senior Management.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
• 5 to 8+ years of experience preparing financial statements in support of supply chain requirements helpful.
• Hands-on knowledge of applying Revenue Recognition (ASC 606) preferred.
• Accounting experience related to customs brokerage & international freight logistics, distribution, and/or cargo transportation sectors a plus.
• Working knowledge of CargoWise software experience desired but not required.
• Knowledge of Word, Excel & PowerPoint required.