Senior Business Intelligence Developer (Level 2)
Smith Arnold Partners
A prestigious industry leader and one of Connecticut’s fastest growing employers is seeking a Sr. Business Intelligence (BI) Developer. This position would play a critical part within the reporting team in the support of business intelligence solutions by leading the junior level staff with the development of various projects in regards to extracting data, creating reports, developing dashboards and scorecards for utilization by end-users. This company also provides training opportunities, a wonderful work-life balance with 40-hour work weeks and 30+ days of PTO time.
Title: Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Developer
Salary – $85K to $105K
Location – New Haven
– Support new application development including analysis, planning and preparation.
– Work alongside the Application Specialists to enhance technical and analytical skills, provide support and provides recommendations and participates in design and code walkthroughs.
– Provide input to performance reviews of Application Specialists.
– Design programs and test conversions, interfaces, reports and other computer programs according to the departmental standards.
– Analyze the need for development of in-house programs to support the new system, including programs needed to convert data from the old to the new system.
– Identify and recommend changes in workflow, procedures, forms and/or data to make optimal use of the new system.
– Provide Epic product function, design, and build expertise and experience needed for successful implementation.
– Assist in resolving major design issues and presents options for resolution.
– Analyze business processes to ensure proper system configuration.
– Logs, tracks, and resolves issues and changes in regards to software code modifications or enhancements.
– Meets with users to determine specifications of particular hardware or software needs.
– Informs management of all issues that are impacting or will impact assigned area/s.
– Create and maintain regular status reports to Application Coordinator.
– Attends weekly team meetings to discuss team and project related activities, issues, change, communications, and updates.
– Completes specific task activities as documented on the Work Plan.
– Works with training team to develop application specific training curriculums and materials.
– Supports all project team members with application and information systems knowledge.
– Promotes a team atmosphere that is conducive to the overall accomplishment of goals, schedules, and deadlines.
– Openly shares information with all team members.
– Willingness to subordinate individual goals for team goals.
– Documents and maintains all required system design and build documents and configures system accordingly.
– Contributes to preparation of testing scripts and materials and performs unit, system, and integrated testing tasks.
– Provides expertise and experience to the development of production environment readiness plan.
– Provides training to other IT staff and user clients as appropriate.
– Coordinates interactions and activities of vendors, both on-site and off-site.
– Work closely with end users to identify business needs and benefits of implementing a computing solution and strives to understand their needs.
– 5+ years work experience in an IT related role.
– Experience in database management software packages such as Business Objects ,Crystal, and SQL.
– Experience developing end user reports, dashboards and scorecards.
– Experience with EMR data, workflows and registries (Epic).
– Working knowledge of scripting language (visual basic or java) helpful, but not necessary.
– Ability to work independently and meet deadlines with minimal supervision and ability to deal with simultaneous tasks , communicate effectively, problem solve, and develop creative solutions to complex problems required.
– Bachelor’s Degree preferred