Senior / Lead Internal Auditor
Smith Arnold Partners
Our client, a leader in their industry and trendsetting organization utilizing technology, analytics, and e-commerce to reshape their business as well as their clients. This Internal Audit Senior/Lead position will be a key member of their risk-based audit program. Our client is seeking an Internal Audit Senior/Lead with executive presence and the ability to manage and participate in high profile audit engagements and projects. As Internal Audit Senior/Lead, you will report into the Manager and often lead several members on audit engagements.
Title: Internal Audit Senior / Lead
Salary: $80 – 100K
Location: Shelton, CT
• Conduct and lead critical audits while effectively managing time budgets
• Prepare supporting workpapers and reports at the completion of each audit.
• Communicate relevant control weaknesses and business issues.
• Formulate specific recommendations, including cause, effect and quantification, to assist in strengthening controls and improving operational performance.
• Assist in the design and execution of comprehensive tests using data analytics and help identify meaningful opportunities to add value to the business.
• Special projects
• Minimal travel, approximately 10%
• 4+ years internal audit and/or public accounting. Big 4 is a plus
• BS/BA in Accounting, Finance, or business related field.
• CPA/CIA highly preferred.
• Strong GAAP and knowledge of IIA auditing standards coupled with excellent understanding of business concepts, processes and operations.
• Strong analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills. Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and manage tasks with minimal supervision.
• SAP is a plus
• Experience with data analysis software (e.g., ACL, Cognos, Tableau, SQL, Excel, Access) is a plus