Internal Audit Analyst
Smith Arnold Partners
Are you looking for an opportunity in internal audit where you can build a career?
Our client, a growing financial services organization in the Hartford area, is seeking an outgoing, career-minded professional to add to their growing Internal Audit department. There are 2 opportunities, one financially-focused and the other technology-focused. The mission of the Internal Audit team is to deliver an assessment of risks and control effectiveness to management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, while assisting in the accomplishment of its strategic priorities, utilizing a risk-based approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of risk, operational, and governance processes.
What are people saying about this company?
• Management is supportive and flexible
• Very collaborative and welcoming environment
• Can’t say enough good things!
Title: Internal Audit Analyst
Location: Hartford, CT
Salary: $60,000 + 5-10% Bonus
Our client offers
• Diverse assignments in all aspects of the business areas including finance, operations, investment management, actuarial and information technology;
• Opportunities for internal and external training on topics relevant to the financial industry, auditing and professional development;
• Frequent interaction with managers and executives of the organization.
• Excellent work-life balance and flexible work arrangements.
• Perform delegated tasks for assigned engagements and strategic plan initiatives.
• Contribute to the evaluation of risks by preparing clear/concise workpapers that document procedures performed and support testing conclusions.
• Effectively communicate with internal audit team and stakeholders.
• Contribute to an environment of continuous learning and improvement.
• Clearly articulate understanding of business areas and issues
• Support the testing of internal controls
• Work independently and in a team environment to maximize performance
• Demonstrate leadership through engagement and personal development
• Active support of and participation in team meetings and department initiatives
• Bachelor degree in accounting, finance, actuarial, IT, or data science
• Approximately one year of experience in audit, accounting, finance, compliance, or related internship experience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to present audit results to supervisors
• Basic knowledge of internal audit concepts and methodologies
• Familiarity with information technology concepts such as infrastructure, cyber security, and application controls
• Excellent critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Self-starter with project management skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office