Smith Arnold Partners
A revolutionary medical technology company is seeking an accounting professional! This company manufactures innovative medical devices that positively impact the lives of people around the world. We are looking for staff accountants with inventory/manufacturing industry experience who want to build on their general accounting skills.
If you are looking to expand your accounting knowledge and gain exposure to cost accounting for a great cause, this is for you!
You will provide accurate and timely updating and maintenance of our clients cost accounting system and processes. You will develop new formulations and tracking performance to budgets and forecasts.
What people are saying:
“Incredible place to work”
“Team of people who are ambitious, proactive, team-oriented, hardworking, and who are excited about contributing to a rapidly-expanding team in creative and dynamic ways”
“They are the future of orthopedic care”
Title: Cost Accountant
Location: Danbury, CT
Compensation: $50,000 to $65,000
• Perform a variety of accounting functions related to cost accounting
• Work with supporting design, implementation of cost accounting systems and cost standards
• Create month/year end close of financial statements, reports, year-end reviews, audits, and financial analysis
• Maintain and update work center rates, as well as variable and fixed overhead rates in ERP systems
• Develop budget process in regards to cost of goods, variance analysis
• Reconcile inventory and analyze appropriate inventory level reserves and operational variance account analysis
• Communicate business results through reports and analysis to management and other departments to explain cost and variances
• Bachelors in Accounting
• Previous experience in public accounting and/or related manufacturing industry.
• Strong analytical skills and advanced Excel skills (V Look Up/Pivot). CPA/CPA designation is highly preferred.