Senior Manager Technical Accounting
Smith Arnold Partners
Are you an Accounting professional who thrives in a fast-paced entrepreneurial global environment where you will be both rewarded for your efforts, and afforded the opportunity to take your career to the next level? Would a role offering exposure to a leading creator of bio-tech modalities helping to better ensure the health of all people, while partnering with a talented management team be appealing to you? If so, this Senior Manager, Technical Accounting opportunity could be for you.
See what people are saying about working here: “Great place to work!”, “Healthcare coverage is superb!”, “Tuition reimbursement is amazing!”, ‘Beautiful location!”, “Collaborative and diverse workforce!”, “Great company to grow with!”
A successful and rapidly growing publicly-traded company is seeking to hire a key Senior Manager, Technical Accounting to review contracts and agreements for proposed or executed transactions while collaborating with both US and international business partners and accounting teams. As part of the global Controller’s team, the Senior Manager, Technical Accounting will research accounting guidance to identify key accounting issues and provide actionable recommendations to senior management on complex non-routine transactions in support of the strategic growth of the company.
Title: Senior Manager, Technical Accounting
Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Salary: $150,000 to $175,000, Bonus eligible
• Responsibilities for the Senior Manager, Technical Accounting will include overseeing technical accounting matters, including carrying out research and documentation for a variety of complex transactions related to mergers and acquisitions, debt offerings, derivatives, and general corporate accounting matters.
• Interpreting U.S. GAAP accounting standards and SEC guidance to determine the accounting and financial reporting treatment for new transactions or agreements and partner with key cross-functional business partners.
• Preparing and reviewing technical accounting memorandums for significant or new transactions.
• Participating in updating/implementing accounting policies related to evolving industry standards, SEC/GAAP regulations, SOX 404 requirements, and best practices.
• Monitoring, understanding, and interpreting new and proposed accounting pronouncements including areas related to accounting for revenue recognition, and assisting key stakeholders in assessing financial, operational, and reporting implications.
• Assisting in the preparation of periodic forms filed with the SEC (Forms 10Q, 10K, and 8K).
• Working with internal partners on initiatives to improve processes, procedures, or system enhancements.
• Ensuring SOX 404 compliance for direct areas of responsibility and supporting overall SOX 404 compliance.
• Assisting the Global Controller on special projects as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting is required; CPA required
• Minimum of 8 years of progressive responsibilities – blend of Big-4 and public company experience required
• Strong knowledge and experience in researching and documenting new accounting guidance and treatments
• Comprehensive and current understanding of US GAAP, including recently issued accounting pronouncements and SEC reporting principles and regulations
• Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley and internal control frameworks
• Exceptional communication skills, including technical report writing and the ability to effectively present information to various levels of an organization
• Prior experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably medical device