Director Finance / Controller
Smith Arnold Partners
Are you a Finance Professional who thrives in a collaborative entrepreneurial environment where you will be both rewarded for your efforts, and afforded the opportunity to take your career to the next level? Would a role offering exposure to all key facets of the business, as well as to senior management be appealing to you? If so, this Controller role could be for you.
A highly successful internationally based company is seeking to hire a key Controller to provide hands-on support on behalf of the build-out of the corporate infrastructure that will support the company’s prime objective of significantly growing its North American business. Reporting directly to the VP Finance & Administration, the Controller will be responsible for managing the financial operations of the organization including monthly close process, financial statements & analysis, budgeting and forecasting, treasury, taxation, payroll, and ensuring compliance with regulatory standards.
Salary: $150,000 to $175,000 Bonus eligible
Location: New York, NY
• Responsible for the daily and monthly finance/accounting activities including the General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Treasury (AR, AP & billing), Payroll, Intercompany and all Financial Systems.
• Manage month-end close process.
• Prepare, analyze, and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner.
• Prepare annual budget and quarterly forecasts and assist with strategic 3-year plan. Provide technical accounting leadership and guidance on significant and complex accounting matters.
• Liaise with external CPA firm to prepare annual tax filings including 1099’s + corporate federal and state filings.
• Create and optimize processes and policies to ensure efficiency and safeguard the assets of the company.
• Manage shared services provided by the North America division other business entities.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting; advanced credentials such as MBA or Certified Public Accountant are preferred.
• Understanding of corporate accounting and financial planning, reporting & analysis, and costing/profitability methodologies and processes.
• Strong GAAP knowledge (IFRS a plus)
• Self-driven motivator with previous start-up experience a plus.
• Strong PowerPoint and presentation skills and ability to present findings to senior leaders.
• Experience with SAP Business One a plus.
• Advanced use of Excel as well as other reporting and analysis tools.