Information Analyst/BI Developer
Smith Arnold Partners
Rapidly growing, Property Casualty Digital Insurance Software Company that has developed a very popular, cutting edge SaaS platform for used by some if the biggest corporations in the Property Casualty Insurance industry is expanding their Analytics/ Data Visualization team!
Leadership values employees for our hard work and ideas. You aren’t just a number. The leadership team is always listening and trying new things to make things better for us
Positive work environment. The people are awesome- fun to work with and down to earth.
Great place to work. Good pay, benefits, and paid time off.
Your hard work is recognized. Employees are always motivated, whether through management or contests/raffles. There are many opportunities to learn something new.
Title: Tableau Developer
Salary: $100,000 – $135,000
Location: Hartford, CT – Temporarily Remote
This company is looking for an Business Intelligence/Tableau Developer to join their growing Analytics Team. In this role you will report to our Director of Information Center in the US and work closely with their P&C Insurance Industry customers to deliver advanced analytics and reporting solutions.
• Lead and execute the successful strategy for delivery of analyses and analytic solutions to meet customers’ needs
• Interact directly with high-level stakeholders, end-users and colleagues
• Lead the design and development of user-friendly Tableau dashboards using complex insurance datasets from different data sources
• Create Tableau dashboards to meet strategic and tactical business needs
• Apply advanced technical, analytical and consultative skills utilizing an extensive knowledge of insurance data.
• Develop and deliver reporting components that satisfy business needs within defined SLAs
• Lead the development of reusable templates, make recommendations for connected dashboards and self-service reporting for internal and external customers
• Evaluate dashboard performance periodically and improve dashboard load/refresh times
• Lead cross functional group facilitation and presentation of reports to increase awareness and promote adoption
• Proactively build and maintain internal and external relationships across the business as the primary point of contact for key stakeholders
• Lead and present results of statistical models on intuitive dashboards
• Implement best practices to ensure consistency across reports and dashboards for the best user experience
• Contribute and create a motivated work environment within the team
• Mentor internal development team and promote opportunities
• Experience with Tableau Desktop designing and developing dashboards using best practices and industry standards
• Extensive knowledge of data visualization techniques and visual design concepts
• Advanced understanding of relational data structures and skilled in writing complex SQL queries
• Demonstrated report requirements collection, analysis and implementation to complete project deliverables
• Must have at least 2 years P&C insurance industry experience
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and negotiate across the business and in the external P&C insurance environment
• Strong reporting skills using Excel, VLOOKUP, pivot tables, Tableau and MS Power BI
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Data warehousing
• Experience supporting senior level management