Business Intelligence Developer / IS Reporting
Smith Arnold Partners
A highly stable and one of the largest healthcare providers in CT is currently seeking a Business Intelligence Developer to join their growing team. This position will play a critical part within the EPIC reporting team by supporting their business intelligence solutions which include data extraction, dashboard development, and report creation which will be utilized by the organization’s business users and customers. If you have experience with Allscripts, Cerner, Meditech or any other major healthcare clinical System software, this is a very rare and incredible chance for you to the opportunity to be trained and become an EPIC certified professional. This organization also offers fantastic benefits and a great work life balance atmosphere.
Title: Business Intelligence Developer
Location: Hartford, CT
Salary: $85,000 to $100,000
• Supports the management of the scope, schedule, and quality of the deliverables within the team
• Assists in the development and documentation of internal policies and procedures that will be used in conjunction with the various reporting applications.
• Collaborates and consults with team leadership and Application Directors to coordinate activities
• Collaborates with team leadership to create and maintain work plans, issues list, decision lists, risks and status reports
• Collaborates with vendor resources; plays an active role in managing the technical build, testing and migration of the system
• Communicates effectively with operational staff by translating the technical specifications of a report into non-technical language.
• Contributes to preparation of testing scripts and materials and performs unit, system, and integrated testing tasks.
• Designs and develops detailed reporting according to user needs using structured design, report writing and testing methodologies.
• Documents and maintains all required report design and configures report system accordingly.
• Documents and maintains all required system design and build documents and configures system accordingly.
• Logs, tracks, and resolves issues and changes in regards report modifications or enhancements.
• Offers solutions to reporting needs by coordinating reporting efforts between departments and contributes to the enterprise-wide reporting strategy.
• Using your report development experience, database skills and skills learned through Epic training to determine the appropriate method for delivering the requested data to the user or customer.
• Works with users and analysts to identify reporting needs and has a basic understanding of operational processes and clarifies business purpose before creating the deliverable.
• 4+ years of relevant experience in a challenging Information Technology, Business or related environment required.
• Experience developing operational and/or analytical reports required, preferably in a healthcare environment.
• Demonstrated ability in SQL (exposure to Oracle helpful).
• Experience with report development software packages such as Crystal Reports or others are highly desirable.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business or related field preferred.