Sr. Cloud Security Architect
Smith Arnold Partners
A leading, highly stable national financial institution that was founded over 100 years ago is looking for a Sr. Cloud Security Architect to join their security team. This role will allow you to design, create, test and implement new cloud based security systems for the entire organization. This organization has a very friendly and casual work environment while supporting their employees growth and development in the future.
What People Are Saying:
“Causal atmosphere and good benefits”
“Very friendly co-workers and management”
“Leadership believes in supporting the individual and their growth/development”
Title: Sr. Cloud Security Architect
Location: North Sioux City, SD
Salary: $90k to $120K
• Lead in the designing, creating, testing, and the implementation of security systems within the organization’s IT network.
• Extensive experience in information security and/or IT risk management with a focus on security, performance and reliability.
• Solid understanding of security protocols, cryptography, authentication, authorization and security.
• Coordinates with other team members as it relates to cybersecurity. Provides technical leadership and training to other team members.
• Analyze and secure existing business data flows and recommend secure solutions to team members when architecting new technology solutions to help enable the business.
• Experienced working on large-scale projects of sizeable complexity, including information security solutions, is a must.
• Must be knowledgeable in network and systems architecture.
• Owns thought leadership and coordination of reviews of available tools, technologies, and processes to secure all aspects the enterprise.
• Secures enterprise information by defining security requirements; planning, implementing, and testing security systems; preparing security standards, policies, and procedures; mentoring team members.
• Develops complex solutions to business problems or customer engagements through in-depth analysis, coordination and negotiation with key decision-makers with an emphasis on broad architectural impact.
• Develops and drives innovative solutions to problems without precedent; decisions are typically enterprise wide and strategic in nature, have long-term consequence, and tend to relate to business strategy, financial performance and effective resource utilization.
• Drives development and formation of security policy, standards, and guidelines related to multiple security domains.
• Creates architectural diagrams, project plans, roadmaps, position papers, presentations, and cost estimates for proposals.
• Acts as a leader and mentor for less senior engineering staff and works with team management to implement career development through engineering assignments.
• Strong Infrastructure Architect with Data center & application migration skills and experience.
• Strong understanding across Cloud and infrastructure components (server, storage, network, data, and applications) to deliver end to end Cloud Infrastructure architectures and designs.
• At least 4+ years of Cloud (preferably Azure) system engineering or administration including access control management for production servers, networks or application services
• Strong experience in cloud design and migration to Private clouds.
• Experience with DevOps integration and DevOps architecture design.
• Web and App server experience (IIS, Tomcat, Apache, WebLogic etc.).
• Experience with SAN, NAS design from architectural standpoint.
• Strong background in Linux/Unix and/or Windows administration.
• Solid understanding of networking and core Internet Protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and routing in distributed networks.
• A working understanding of code and script such as: Python, Node.js. and JSON/YAML.
• Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and database administration.
• Strong knowledge of Azure, including PaaS and IaaS architectures.
• Knowledge of networking, engineering, including DNS, Active Directory, firewalls, load balancers, etc.
• Knowledge of cloud security and other cybersecurity industry frameworks and configuration standards
• Understanding of cybersecurity benchmarks for cloud technologies.
• Knowledge of information technology systems security software, hardware, cloud, and server-client suites because they are directly responsible for cybersecurity initiatives.
• Knowledge of multiple operating systems (Linux and Unix), network protocols, and existing and emergent cybersecurity technologies.
• Bachelor’s Degree in IT or related field