Smith Arnold Partners
Are you a highly motivated finance professional who would enjoy working in an exciting and fast-paced environment, where you will be both rewarded for your efforts while working closely with a talented management team? Would a role offering the opportunity to get involved in new process initiatives and enhancements for an entrepreneurial service provider supporting the evolving world of healthcare be appealing to you? If so, this Controller opportunity could be for you.
See what people are saying about working here: “Great place to work!”, “Collaborative environment!”, “Collaborative!” “Great benefits!”, “Opportunity to work with an emerging sector leader!”
This stable and growing service provider to the healthcare industry is seeking to hire a key Controller to provide hands-on support to an accounting team responsible for general accounting, sub-ledgers, and cash management, while coordinating closely with the CFO in support of the forecasting and budgeting process, as well as other important business issues.
Salary: $150,000 to $160,000, Bonus eligible
Location: Remote position with occasional travel to a major NY metro area
• Responsibilities for the Controller include hands-on management of the monthly close process which will include management reporting and analysis, along with balance sheet reconciliations and GAAP compliance.
• Managing a team of professionals responsible for day-to-day activities including cash management, client billings, credit card processing and vendor payments.
• Performing cash flow forecasting and working capital management.
• Having a continuous improvement mindset and ability to work in Quickbooks environment.
• Coordinating the year end audit including preparation of schedules and analysis of specific general ledger accounts, intangible experience preferred.
• Supporting the annual budget and strategic planning processes.
• Performing Ad-Hoc projects including creating policies and procedures for the organization.
• Bachelors degree in Accounting; CPA strongly preferred.
• 7-10 plus years of progressive responsibilities, including supervisory in finance and accounting, budgeting, reporting and internal controls.
• Knowledge of GAAP and experience in dealing with state tax authorities, highly desirable.
• Ability to analyze financial data, prepare analysis using Pivot Tables or Access.
• General Business skills and flexibility to pitch in on diverse initiatives and evolving responsibilities.
• Expertise in Quick Books is a huge plus.