Smith Arnold Partners
Are you an accounting professional who thrives in a collaborative entrepreneurial environment where you will be both rewarded for your efforts, and afforded the opportunity to take your career to the next level? Would a role offering exposure to all key facets in the energy sector while reporting to a top-shelf Director of Tax appeal to you? If so, this Tax Associate opportunity could be for you.
See what people are saying about working here:
• “The Director of Tax is top-shelf!”
• “Great opportunity to work for an emerging multi-faceted energy company.”
• “Great office space and location.”
• “Collaborative and diverse workforce!”
• “Great company to grow with!”
Title: Tax Associate
Salary: $75,000 to $85,000 Bonus eligible
Location: Fairfield County, CT
A rapidly growing global energy resources company entering an exciting time for the business is seeking to hire a key Tax Associate for a newly created role. The successful candidate will get involved in various tax functions including preparing partnership and corporate federal, state, and international income tax returns. Additionally, the Tax Associate will perform technical research and assist on special projects such as internal restructurings, acquisitions, dispositions, and transfer pricing. This is a unique opportunity to work on a team building an industry-leading business with a global reach in one of the world’s fastest-growing business sectors.
• Responsibilities for the Tax Associate will include performing tax compliance and research functions in support of the preparation of partnership, corporate, and management company tax returns.
• Assisting in the preparation of various tax processes including quarterly distributions, extensions, distributions, and capital and K-1 distributions, and reconciliations.
• Assisting in the preparation of tax partnership and tax capital accounts.
• Participating in special projects such as acquisitions, dispositions, and tax audits.
• Supporting technological and automation enhancements.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or Master’s degree in taxation.
• CPA or working towards it preferred.
• 1-3 years of experience in public accounting or financial services tax experience.
• Partnership tax compliance experience (capital and K-1 reporting) and general knowledge of federal, state, and international concepts desired.
• Basic knowledge of taxation of financial products (equity, debt, commodities, derivatives) preferred.
• Experience with tax preparation and research software platforms.
• Advanced excel skills (macros, VBA & pivot tables, formulas) highly desired.