Senior VP Finance
Smith Arnold Partners
A rapidly-growing service organization is seeking a pro-active VP of finance that can manage the accounting & Finance group and work closely with the President and COO of the organization as a strategic advisor. We are seeking a hands-on well-rounded VP Finance, systems-savvy, with experience in growing a dynamic business. Our client is Stamford-based and only considering VP Finance candidates from the local market.
Title: VP Finance
Salary: $150,000 to $250,000
Location: Stamford, CT
• Reporting to the President and CEO, this position directs all financial operations and makes actionable recommendations to the senior management team on business strategy.
• Lead the accounting / finance department and set the financial strategy for the business.
• Participate in the development of strategic plans, operating models, and operation execution with overall oversite of the financials of the organization (P&L management, cash flow, and balance sheet)
• Oversee the preparation and maintenance of all internal financial report schedules which consists of monthly, quarterly and annual Executive Management Summaries.
• Organize and present information for corporate financial reviews to provide President and COO and senior management team with an accurate assessment of financial performance.
• Provide suggestions, advice, and support to improve the business’s profitability and cash flow.
• Assist in formulating the company’s future direction and supporting tactical company initiatives such as the automation of financial processes.
• Facilitate the annual budgeting process. Determine the reasonableness of budget assumptions and the financial impacts of those assumptions by coordinating with internal department leaders.
• Evaluate the finance department structure and team for continual improvement of efficiency and effectiveness of the group.
• Be an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the Company may enter.
• Establish credibility throughout the organization as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
• Act as the primary interface with outside accountants, oversees banking relations, and ensures compliance with all governmental regulations.
• Works with outside accountants to develop a corporate tax strategy
• Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required.
• CPA and/or MBA highly desirable.
• 10+ years of progressive experience leading a finance team within a high-growth organization.
• Systems savvy, innovative, and progressive
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of GAAP with specific knowledge in the areas of revenue recognition and accounting.
• Maintains a consistently positive and professional demeanor and communicates effectively with both financial and non-financial professionals managing both up and down.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Impeccable attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
• Logical thinker with strong analytical, problem-solving, and research skills.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain the confidentiality of privileged information.