Technical Accounting Manager
Smith Arnold Partners
Are you an Accounting professional who thrives in a fast-paced entrepreneurial global environment where you will be both rewarded for your efforts, and afforded the opportunity to take your career to the next level? Would a role offering exposure to a leading creator of bio-tech modalities helping to better ensure the health of all people, while partnering with a talented management team be appealing to you? If so, this Accounting Manager opportunity could be for you.
See what people are saying about working here: “Great place to work!”, “The Global Controller is top-shelf!”, “Tuition reimbursement is amazing!”, ‘Beautiful location!”, “Collaborative and diverse workforce!”, “Great company to grow with!”
A successful and rapidly growing publicly-traded company is seeking to hire a key Technical Accounting Controller to perform accounting research, draft accounting policies and memos, and provide technical support throughout the organization. Reporting to the Global Controller, responsibilities will include reviewing contracts for proper revenue recognition accounting under ASC 606, embedded leases under ASC 842, and business acquisitions under ASC 805. This is a great opportunity to join a leader in the field of healthcare where one can grow their career over the long term.
Title: Technical Accounting Controller
Location: Fairfield, CT
Salary: $130,000 to $150,000, Bonus eligible
• Responsibilities for the Technical Accounting Controller will include providing technical accounting guidance to business leaders regarding complex financial accounting and reporting issues and transaction structuring.
• Providing expertise to the business in all technical accounting areas including revenue recognition, business combinations, lease accounting, inventory, and long-lived assets.
• Interpreting and implementing Company accounting policies and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Supporting business teams in preparing quarterly accounting documentation and preparing appropriate accounting procedures and policies.
• Preparing accounting positions and accounting policy memos.
• Serving as a business partner to review and analyze contracts for revenue recognition.
• Developing and providing accounting training as necessary, and proactively interfacing with the corporate office, business segments, and internal and external auditors.
• Assisting the Global Controller on special projects as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
• 7 plus years of accounting experience, including 3 plus years in public accounting preferred.
• Strong US GAAP experience required, IFRS experience a plus.
• Strong technical accounting experience with a public manufacturing business preferred.
• Experience with Revenue Recognition, Leases, Long-Lived Asset Impairment Testing & Business Combination accounting experience preferred.
• Working knowledge of contract reviews to determine appropriate accounting treatment desired.
• Ability to travel occasionally.
• Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.