Software Development Director
Smith Arnold Partners
A highly successful, stable and rapidly growing technology company that provides revenue cycle solutions for the healthcare industry utilizing cutting edge analytics is expanding their Software Engineering Leadership team!
What are people saying about this employer?
• 100% approval of the CEO.
• It is a fast-growing organization. They care about the growth of the individuals and give them the necessary support in the process of carrying their duties.
• Great holiday party and summer picnic.
• Every day is different when you are working in a client driven environment. Creative thinking and brainstorming power are a must.
Title: Director, Software Engineering
Location: Parsippany, NJ
Total Potential Compensation: $190K-210K
The Director, Software Engineering is responsible for managing the application development, software-related projects, maintaining/supporting current platforms, and assisting to define the strategy/vision for the proprietary SaaS software suite. The Director will manage a team of approximately 12 developers and 2 QA team members, and will ensure quality output, team efficiency, and professional development.
• Perform systems, design, and application development, as well as evaluate code reviews and make recommendations for changes.
• Monitor software quality processes to improve code functionality and reliability and provide high quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and check in regularly for continuous integration
• Responsible for the continuous enhancement and stability of production proprietary applications. This includes all aspects of incident and problem management, standardized methods and procedures for efficient and prompt handling of all changes, in order to minimize the adverse impact of any change-related incidents on service quality.
• Enforce the Software Development Lifecycle requirements, which includes but is not limited to secure coding practices, testing, and version control processes to assure consistency, quality and timeliness.
• Ensure all proposed changes follow the Change Management policy and procedure for production changes and adhere to the Information Security Policy and Software Development best practices
• Provide end-to-end ownership, while working closely with software developers and product teams, and successful delivery of software development projects and escalations.
• Identify technical requirements by considering data, processes, customer feedback and user research. Translate ambiguous requirements into deliverable features.
• Partner with Product Owners, Engineering, Team Members, and Project Managers to ensure timely delivery of project deliverables based on an agreed upon set of requirements
• Effectively communicate the status of projects and high priority/impact changes or support requests both verbally and through documentation to internal stakeholders and management
• Create and maintain a consistent, reliable, and repeatable system for managing application support.
• Track and identify frequently occurring, high impact application support issues as candidates for permanent resolution.
• Establish and report on application support requests SLAs. Owns the relationship with the business and other functional units for application production support issues.
• Stay current with new and emerging security threats and mitigation approaches for your respective area and perform periodic security reviews of assigned areas.
• Collaborate with the IT Security and Operations to develop and maintain relevant security program for development environment
• Work to ensure HIPAA compliance in all aspects of data utilization and information access to protect PHI and enforce such within the Software Development team.
• 5+ years’ of experience in a management role leading a team of full-stack developers.
• 5+ years’ experience building consumer facing web applications.
• Strong knowledge and implementation experience in the Microsoft Technology Stack (C#, ASP.NET, SQL).
• Strong experience interfacing directly with Business Owners for requirements gathering and problem solving.
• Ability to work collaboratively across the IT organization.
• Strong Project Management skills.
• Strong experience in front-end development skills and building Responsive Front-end apps.
• Strong experience with Microservices and Service oriented architecture.
• Strong Database Design/Development skills from an application development standpoint.
• Experience in driving technical standards and architectural vision and innovating with technology.
• Strong knowledge of web security and best practices of secure web development.