Director, Finance North American P&C
Smith Arnold Partners
Are you a Finance professional who thrives in a fast-paced entrepreneurial global environment where you will be both rewarded for your efforts, and afforded the opportunity to take your career to the next level? Would a role offering exposure to a leading provider of property and casualty products to a broad range of clients while partnering with a talented management team be appealing to you? If so, this Finance Director opportunity could be for you.
See what people are saying about working here: “Great place to work!”, “Top-shelf Senior Management team!”, “Benefits are excellent!”, “Collaborative and diverse workforce!”, “Great company to grow with!”
Title: Finance Director
Location: New Nork, NY
Salary: $200,000 to $225,000, Bonus eligible
A successful and rapidly growing New York City based multinational property and casualty insurance company, offering a wide range of products to its clients through its various subsidiaries, is seeking to hire a key Finance Director to be responsible for performing FP&A responsibilities for the company’s core North American market. Acting as a business partner to all internal stakeholders, the role will support capital and investment decision making, product profitability, and capital management. This role will afford the successful candidate the opportunity to provide proactive guidance to the SVP Finance during an exciting time for the company.
• Responsibilities for the Finance Director will include collaborating closely with North America P&C leadership to establish budgets and plans.
• Developing standard management reports and KPI’s to support North America PC leadership and senior management.
• Reviewing actual vs forecasted results compared to budgets and provide insights and analysis.
• Providing key input to executive FP&A presentations.
• Collaborating with the FP&A expense team to help manage costs within the North America P&C business segment.
• Working closely with the FP&A transformation team to drive projects through completion.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Business Finance, Economics, or Risk Management. MBA preferred.
• 10 plus years of experience in the property/casualty industry.
• Understanding of GAAP and Statutory accounting.
• Previous financial business partnering for a Property Casualty business preferred.
• Property Casualty modeling experience preferred.
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.