North American FP&A Controller
Smith Arnold Partners
Are you a Finance professional looking to be of a growing team, where you will be afforded the opportunity to take your career to the next level? Would a role offering exposure to a leading creator of bio-pharma modalities helping to better ensure the health of all people, while partnering with a talented management team be appealing to you? If so, this North American FP&A Controller opportunity could be for you.
See what people are saying about working here: “Great place to work!”, “A place where one can make a positive impact on the business!”, “Excellent Tuition reimbursement!”, ‘Attractive location!”, “Collaborative workforce!”, “Great company to be a part of!”
Title: North American FP&A Controller
Salary: $125,000 to $140,000, Bonus eligible
Location: Fairfield County, CT
A rapidly growing key business segment of a successful publicly-traded company is seeking to hire a North American FP&A Controller to report to the Vice President of Finance. The North American FP&A Controller role will have hands-on responsibility for the FP&A, Finance Business Support, and costing functions for various North American manufacturing sites. Additionally, the individual will be the first line of finance contact for a regional distribution center which rolls into global finance distribution. This is an opportunity that will allow the successful candidate the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on a dynamic and entrepreneurial enterprise.
• Responsibilities for the North American FP&A Controller will include supporting site managers and the VP’s of operations with insightful financial analysis to drive and improve site performance.
• Analyzing variances to standards, identifying root causes, and supporting remediation actions.
• Supporting monthly close process and functional management reviews to ensure accurate financial reporting.
• Leading monthly reviews of Financial performance for the sites.
• Managing and directing the annual budget process and quarterly forecast preparation.
• Supporting the development of accurate standard costs and timely roll out at the beginning of the fiscal year.
• Providing capital spending reports and comparison to forecasts and budgets.
• Supporting the Global Long Range Strategic Financial Planning process for Manufacturing.
• Leading special projects such as capital expenditure, return on investment, inventory analysis, and what if analysis.
• Developing and implementing process improvements to enable more efficient and accurate processing and reporting.
• Driving cost saving initiatives and aid management in the introduction of new product development.
• Supporting US GAAP position memo’s on specific accounting issues and liaising with the Technical Accounting team.
• Manage and develop a team of two.
• Ability for occasional travel.
• BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, or related field. Masters Degree Finance is preferred.
• 10-15 plus years of relevant experience.
• Direct, hands-on experience in creating, tracking, and controlling actual, forecasts and budget metrics.
• Proven ability to analyze actual vs. plan results and summarize underlying drivers of variances.
• Broad technical accounting expertise, including good working knowledge of US GAAP & SOX.
• Audit experience is a plus.
• ERP system, Adaptive, Hyperion, Microsoft, Microsoft D365 preferred.