Senior Analyst, Expense Management
Smith Arnold Partners
Are you looking for a well-rounded accounting and reporting opportunity that will allow you to play an impact role in a growing company?
Our client, a growing financial organization in the Hartford area, is seeking an outgoing, career-minded professional to add to their growing accounting department. This unique accounting and analysis opportunity is an excellent grooming position for an accountant who is seeking to find a more analytical position. We are seeking an accountant with strong analytical and problem-solving skills to work in a unique position with broad exposure across the organization. This department is responsible for Budgeting and forecasting operating expenses for the entire company, expense variance analysis, maintaining expense accruals, expense line of business allocations, month end journal entries and close activities, general ledger intercompany accounting for expenses, suspense and liability account reconciliations, managing and processing operating expense vendor payments, payroll accounting, managing and ensuring compliance with the company’s T&E policies, year-end reporting, and distributing a multitude of monthly expense reports throughout the company.
What are people saying about this company?
• Management is supportive and flexible
• Very collaborative and welcoming environment
• Can’t say enough good things!
Title: Senior Accounting Analyst
Location: Hartford County
Salary: $70K to 80K
The Expense Management group is responsible for:
• Maintaining expense related general ledger intercompany, suspense, and liability accounts, ensuring accounts are in balance by various line of business allocation fields
• Responsible for performing monthly reconciliation of suspense and liability accounts by creating supporting documentation
• Performing month end journal entries including expense accruals, payroll accounting, and paid corrections
• Utilizing company’s treasury system to research and reconcile operating expense cash paid to operating expenses accounted for on a monthly basis
• Prepares and provides the GAAP, STAT, external audit, and tax annual disclosures and audit support
• Assistance with expense budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis and line of business allocations
• Additional responsibilities may include assisting with T&E auditing, operating expense vendor payment processing, and various ad hoc monthly reporting
• BS in Accounting, Finance, or related field. A Master’s Degree is a plus
• 3+ years of related experience
• Knowledge of accounting including debits, credits, accruals, income statements, and balance sheets
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with proven attention to details -errors can lead to significant financial impacts
• Strong knowledge of MS Office applications (word processing, spreadsheet and e-mail) including excel pivot tables and vlookups
• Excellent problem resolution, time management and organizational skills
• Communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
• Ability to query various financial systems
• Experience with Oracle Cloud Financial Suite and Oracle Smartview is a plus