Senior Financial Analyst
Smith Arnold Partners
Are you looking for an impactful financial analysis opportunity with a career track into management?
Our client, a highly stable publicly-traded and successful diversified manufacturer is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join their team. This role will play a key role in the accounting & finance group. If you have experience in public accounting and want to transition into finance, this is an ideal opportunity.
What People Are Saying About this Employer:
“Great work-life balance”
“Good bonuses and flexible work times.”
“Good benefits package and value”
Title: Senior Financial Analyst
Location: Hartford, CT
Salary: $80 – 95K
• Support the Corporate Finance team with management of the general ledger and oversight/assistance of operational ledgers
• Executive compensation accounting and reporting including significant involvement in the annual Proxy Statement filing process
• Monthly close responsibilities for the corporate general ledger including preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, financial statements and monthly reporting of corporate financing units
• Quarterly responsibility for certain aspects of external financial reporting supporting 10-Q/K filings
• Accounting for equity transactions/stock-based compensation (ASC 718) including preparation of quarterly diluted EPS calculation
• Fixed asset management of corporate assets and capital projects
• Research solutions to accounting issues; assists in implementation of new accounting rules.
• Assist in the annual profit planning process, including calculation of corporate allocations and periodic forecasting throughout the year
• Support the annual goodwill and intangible asset impairment analysis
• Identify, recommend and implement process improvements
• Special Projects
• Bachelor’s in accounting. Master’s degree and/or CPA is a plus.
• 4+ of demonstrated success within public accounting firm (Big 4 preferred) or mix of public accounting and private industry – including audit or related financial experience.
• Manufacturing as well as SEC experience is a plus
• Well-rounded accounting & finance background as well as an understanding of business.
• Strong communication skills