Smith Arnold Partners
This hospital has served New York’s Mid-Hudson Valley since 1887. Overlooking the beautiful Hudson River in the City of Poughkeepsie, NY, VBMC has established expertise in cardiac services, cancer care and women and children’s health services. As a renowned regional medical center, VBMC houses the area’s first and only cardiothoracic surgery program between Westchester and Albany and the only Level III neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) in the region for premature and critically ill infants. The teams of physicians, surgeons and specialists bring innovative procedures and services to VBMC including robotic orthopedic surgery, liver and pancreatic surgery, interventional neuroradiology, surgical oncology and transcatheter aortic valve replacement.
Title: Director, Laboratory
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
– Candidate will oversee the day to day operations within span of control of over 90 staff members resolving problems and ensuring operations are efficient, compliant, safe and of the highest quality.
– Also responsible for developing and implementing a strategic plan to create and maintain a culture of customer service.
– Exhibits problem-solving skills in both routine and emergency situations.
– Consistently demonstrates patient experience skills by placing patient perception concerns first.
– Responsible for personnel management to include; interviewing and selection of staff, onboarding and training, counseling and disciplinary actions up to and including termination.
– Must complete annual assessments in timely fashion and provides professional coaching and career path guidance and monitor quality assurance and quality control for lab as well as reporting timely and correct submissions or all proficiency testing.
– Candidate will also be expected to evaluate new methods and equipment for the lab and make recommendations to the Medical Director for adoption of equipment and methods.
– Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology or equivalent experience and
– Minimum of ten (10) years of laboratory management experience.
– Master’s degree in Business or related field, preferred.
*experience in laboratory outreach experience preferred