Financial Systems Administrator
Smith Arnold Partners
Are you looking for a growing dynamic environment where you can utilize your financial systems ability to play a significant impact in an entrepreneurial environment?
Our client, a growing financial organization in the Hartford area, is seeking an outgoing, career-minded financial systems professional to add to their growing team. We are seeking a financial systems leadership professional with strong analytical and problem-solving skills. This department is responsible for Budgeting and forecasting operating expenses for the entire company so and will naturally have broad exposure across the organization.
What are people saying about this company?
• Management is supportive and flexible
• Very collaborative and welcoming environment
• Can’t say enough good things!
Title: Financial Systems Leader/Administrator
Location: Hartford County
Salary: $100 – 120K
Reports to: Corporate Controller
Reporting into the Corporate Controller, the Accounting/Finance reporting administration team is a two-person unit supporting the Oracle Fusion Cloud application consisting of the General Ledger (ARCS for reconciliation signoff) and Accounts Payable, Expense, Fixed Assets and Procurement modules. The reporting aspect uses Hyperion’s EPBCS and OAC planning systems. This role will have the primary responsibility for the reporting aspect, while providing secondary support for the ledger.
Partner with key stakeholders to deliver the company’s strategic systems roadmap. Perform system administration and analytical duties for the company’s Hyperion/EPBCS and OAC planning system. Perform user maintenance; oversee daily and monthly data maintenance tasks, and field user requests and issues. Drive continued improvement of the Hyperion/EPBCS and OAC system to ensure it remains fit for purpose.
• Work with key stakeholders to develop technical solutions to facilitate greater use of the Hyperion/EPBCS and OAC tool and enhance the finance organization’s ability to deliver analytics to leadership
• Evaluate business processes, anticipating requirements, proactively look for areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions
• Effectively and proactively communicate system updates and plans to cross-functional team members and management
• Gather critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and produce action plans, facilitate follow-ups, and deliver reports
• Project work related to growth and ongoing process improvements. Work with business partners and IT to determine changes needed as part of M&A activities.
• Conducts complex system maintenance such as adding/updating dimension members, creating/maintaining web forms, performing data loads, and maintaining inter-company relationships. Performs and validates system testing required for new releases
• Supports the moderately complex administration of multiple tools used for financial reporting such as Hyperion/EPBCS and OAC, or other Financial systems used
• Maintains and creates interfaces with source systems. Writes basic logic or code within source systems. Works closely with users to ensure timely submission of data, integrity of data, and to provide training and support as needed
• Gathers and translates business requirements for system issues, record and track issues in the issue tracker and work with Finance Information Technology (IT) to create and test resolution of system enhancements
• Develop system documentation and provide and/or facilitate user training
• Works with business partners to identify opportunities for system enhancements or process improvements and to resolve system issues
• 5+ years of relevant financial systems experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree. Master’s is a plus
• Experience administering Oracle Hyperion EPBCS, OAC, or implementing one or more EPM technologies
• Strong functional knowledge around financial systems and processes
• Knowledge in various reporting tools such as query, SmartView, Hyperion, OTBI and BI Publisher
• Experience with EssBase cube types (ASO vs. BSO) and the leading practicing on when to leverage them
• EssBase Calc Scripting and MDX language proficiency
• Understanding Oracle Hyperion/EPBCS components; Web Forms, Data Maps, Security Model, Tasks Lists, Dashboards
• Knowledge of Oracle Fusion Cloud suite
• Proven skills as a team member, team lead or project manager on at least one full life cycle implementation
• A proven resource in defining systems strategy, developing systems requirements, designing, and prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures, and implementing practical business solutions under multiple deadlines
• Ability to work independently, manage small engagements or parts of large engagements
• Adept at implementing technology-enabled business solutions for clients as part of a high-talent team
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment