Smith Arnold Partners
A highly successful internationally based company is seeking to hire a key Director of Accounting to provide hands-on support on behalf of the build-out of the corporate infrastructure that will support the company’s prime objective of significantly growing its North American business. Reporting directly to the VP Finance, the Director of Accounting will be responsible for financial reporting to the parent company, preparing budgets, reports, forecasts, and filing statutory returns. This is a ground floor opportunity offering a great opportunity to contribute and grow one’s career with a global leader in its segment.
Title: Director of Accounting
Salary: $140,000 to $160,000 Bonus eligible
Location: New York, NY
• Responsibilities for the Director of Accounting will include establishing and monitoring financial policies and procedures.
• Preparing budgets by collecting and analyzing financial data and staying abreast of budget objectives.
• Implementing ASC 606 Revenue Recognition and staying current on other relevant accounting policies.
• Preparing financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing North American financial data.
• Ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
• Participating in the implementation of a new ERP.
• Maximizing returns on strategic investments, and managing cash flow, and balance sheet accounts.
• Managing the organization’s tax requirement, accounting systems, and ensuring compliance with regulatory standards.
• Providing information to external auditors, and establishing and monitoring internal controls.
• BA/BS in Accounting or Finance, Master’s degree, and a CPA a plus
• Technical proficiency in GAAP (including revenue recognition) required/IFRS preferred
• Previous experience working with a startup a plus
• Experience in developing or enhancing policies and procedures preferred
• Strong proficiency in MS Office suite, in particular, Excel, SAP experience a plus
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment