Smith Arnold Partners
Are you looking for an accounting position where you’ll truly be appreciated for your new ideas and resourcefulness?
Global organization with a small company environment seeking a Senior Corporate Accountant looking for an impactful position. This is a high exposure Senior Accounting role, working closely with the Accounting Manager, Controller, and CFO. Our client is seeking an accountant with new ideas, comfortable with financial systems, data analytics, and well-rounded, handling a diverse set of financial responsibilities. This is a very stable company with an excellent corporate culture, and lots of opportunities for career growth.
Title: Senior Corporate Accountant
Salary: 70 to 85K
Location: Norwalk, CT
What are people saying about this company?
• Flexible work environment, caring company, good benefits
• Great benefits, great people!
• “I love working here!”
• Reports to the Accounting Manager
• Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations, financial analyses and reports.
• Monthly inter-company account reconciliations.
• Prepare financial reports and maintain the general ledger.
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and investigate discrepancies.
• Prepare monthly P&L and assist in financial analysis of revenue, expenses, accruals, depreciation, receivables.
• Assist in the production of annual statutory reporting.
• Help preparing and monitoring budgets.
• Involved with budget reforecasting process and perform monthly budget to forecast input.
• Assist with the integration of new business’ into systems, processes and controls.
• Prepare audit documentation for Internal & External Auditors
• Compile financial information for tax and regulatory reporting in the US and Bermuda.
• Ensure compliance with Company policies, rules and regulations, including Sarbanes Oxley & Solvency II controls
• Help streamline, improve and standardize processes.
• Partner with IT to automate processes and develop reports and interface newly acquired businesses.
• Evaluate impact of business change to our processes.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting. A Master’s is a plus
• 3+ years of accounting, reporting and/or auditing with large global corporation or public accounting firm.
• Working knowledge of U.S. GAAP (IFRS knowledge is a plus).
• Detail oriented with strong financial analysis skills.
• Strong organizational and stress management skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and GL mapping (SUN experience is a plus)
• Strong Excel skills in managing and manipulating large data
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to prioritize and work under a tight schedule.
• Ability to work independently with little to no supervision.
• Advanced data analytics using MS Excel
• Working knowledge of Sun, TM1 and SQL query (basics) would be a plus.
• Experience with financial automation and GL mapping would be a plus.