Senior Corporate Accountant
Smith Arnold Partners
Are you seeking a solid and stable environment where your corporate accounting expertise is appreciated? Are you looking for a global company with brands that you’ll be proud to represent?
Our client, a global consumer company in Fairfield County, is looking for a well-rounded Senior Accountant. You’ll have the opportunity to work with great people in a congenial corporate environment. Our client is very profitable, successful, and growing, and we are looking for a hands-on accountant with strong communication skills. This is a dynamic environment with many opportunities for growth.
What People are saying about this company:
– “Great place to work!”
– “Benefits are excellent”
– “Your growth is in your hands”
Title: Senior Corporate Accountant
Salary: $80K – 90K
Location: Stamford, CT
• Prepare journal entries to post into the SAP ledger by collecting and analyzing necessary data.
• Reconcile various balance sheet accounts
• Review monthly P&L and Balance Sheet activity to ensure accurate reporting.
• Partner with business units to ensure intercompany transactions between the Corporate office and global divisions are handled with accuracy and reconciled every month.
• Support monthly and quarterly audit packs and consolidation schedules, for consolidated reporting
• assist with the month-end close cycle under the direction of the Manager, Corporate Accounting.
• Assist in actuals vs. budget/forecast/prior year analysis for various functions and departments
• Support Internal/External Audit Requests
• Load and prepare SAP to BPC reconciliation packs and understand mappings between systems
• Sap Administration – Creating new SAP accounts/granting new access to users, creating cost centers, locking down entities etc.
• Accounting for leases and employee rewards program
• Ad hoc analysis and reporting
• Bachelor of Science in Accounting or Finance. A Master’s is a plus
• 3-5 years of related work experience in private or public finance/accounting
• Knowledge of ERP systems
• SAP / BPC experience a plus.
• High proficiency in excel
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Demonstated track record of working under deadlines in a fast paced environment, adapting to changing priorities and accomplishing objectives
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, be proactive, take the inititiave, be a selfstarter