Internal Audit Manager
Smith Arnold Partners
Are you an audit leadership professional looking for a path into corporate finance or operations?
This is a unique opportunity to join one of the top companies in their industry and be part of an environment with dynamic long-term career growth. For this Internal Audit Manager, our client, a global organization seeks a Big 4 and/or Fortune 500 audit progessional to join their internal audit team which is structured as a financial development program, one in which candidates will work on global projects/audits and have an impactful role on the department and the organization. The focus is to groom future leaders of the company. This is a highly respected group in the organization and geared towards fast track candidates. The audit team is comprised of top-notch professionals, many from the Big 4 with extensive leadership training background. If you have been looking for an opportunity where you can see many aspects of a company, travel, and join a company with a proven track record of promoting from within and offering tremendous career potential, this Internal Audit Manager could be for you.
What are people saying about this company?
• They invest in their people via training
• Allow you the independence to do your job without looking over your shoulder.
• Supportive. Good benefits. Nice culture to work in. Great people.
Title: Internal Audit Manager
Salary: $90,000 to 110,000
Location: Shelton, CT (Must live in Connecticut)
The Internal Audit Manager is a hands-on leadership position responsible for risk management, control and governance processes within the company. Assess risk, plans and conducts audits and internal control reviews. This includes supervising and / or conducting evaluations of systems of internal control, reliability of financial information, safeguarding of assets, compliance with policies, and adherence to state and federal regulations. Directs the gathering and analysis of relevant data, supervises or prepares work papers and reports on recommendations for correcting unsatisfactory conditions, making improvements in operations, expense reductions, and revenue opportunities.
• Supervise the completion of audit assignments via data gathering and analysis, conducting interviews and performing tests and procedures reviews of controls to identify areas of weakness or risk.
• Conduct walkthroughs and interviews to evaluate design of new internal controls or continued effectiveness of existing controls.
• Prepare audit work papers to document results of testing. Oversee or prepare presentations to management effectively discuss control issues, potential impacts, and recommended corrective actions.
• Demonstrate an effective communication style, both written and spoken, that establishes credibility and facilitates clear understanding of audit issues and influences change where appropriate.
• Coordinate special projects including due diligence examinations, or other assignments requiring a more thorough understanding of complex financial issues.
Required Education and Work Experience:
• A minimum of a BS/BA is required. Masters is desired.
• 5 – 10 years experience in a financial role, including external or internal audit experience and / or accounting manager or analyst is a strong plus.
• Experience auditing in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
• Past participation in major ERP projects and CPA/CIA and prior Big 4 experience a plus
• Excellent project management skills with the focus on timely completion of tasks and the ability to identify and assess a changing array of risks.
• General knowledge of data extraction and analysis techniques, including SAP and analysis tools such as ACL or Microsoft Excel is highly desirable.
• Automatic workpaper software familiarity, such as TeamMate
• Foreign language skills, especially Spanish are a plus.