General Accounting Manager
Smith Arnold Partners
Are you an Accounting professional who thrives in a fast-paced entrepreneurial global environment where you will be both rewarded for your efforts, and afforded the opportunity to take your career to the next level? Would a role offering exposure to a leading creator of bio-tech modalities helping to better ensure the health of all people, while partnering with a talented management team be appealing to you? If so, this Accounting Manager opportunity could be for you.
See what people are saying about working here: “Great place to work!”, “A place where one can make a positive impact on the business!”, “Excellent Tuition reimbursement!”, ‘Attractive location!”, “Collaborative workforce!”, “Great company to be a part of!”
Title: Accounting Manager
Salary: $110,000 to $125,000, Bonus eligible
Location: Fairfield County, CT
A rapidly growing division of a successful publicly traded company is seeking to hire a key Accounting Manager to perform various month-end procedures, reporting, and enhancing existing processes. Reporting to the Senior Accounting Manager, the Accounting Manager will have a primary focus on cost accounting, how standards are set, capitalizing variances, and inventory provisions. The successful candidate will perform other general accounting functions, but primary responsibility will be overseeing, reviewing, and supporting the preparation of entries related to business operations. This is a great opportunity to join a leader in the field of healthcare where one can grow their career over the long term.
• Responsibilities for the Accounting Manager will include overseeing the preparation of monthly journal entries and the reconciliation of monthly balance sheet accounts.
• Utilizing cost accounting experience related to manufacturing cost variances, purchase pricing, and inventory provisions.
• Supporting efforts to maintain the integrity of the internal control framework.
• Completing documentation of global processes, policy design, development of procedure manuals, and standardizing operating procedures.
• Performing detailed research and analysis of transactions related to variances and obsolete inventory.
• Documenting and implementing yearly cycle count observation procedures.
• Preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for Corporate reporting.
• Participating in ERP upgrades and improvements.
• Performing special projects as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA license or demonstrating progress toward achieving CPA preferred.
• 5-7 plus years of accounting experience in a Manufacturing environment, including hands-on knowledge of standard costing procedures highly preferred.
• Strong knowledge of US GAAP and generally accepted accounting policies.
• Experience with ERP Systems, i.e. SAP, Oracle, or Microsoft Dynamics.
• Strong skills in Excel (i.e. Pivot tables, v Lookup, SUMIF and other Excel functions) and competency with other Microsoft Office applications.