Senior SOX Auditor
Smith Arnold Partners
Are you looking for an impactful Senior Financial Audit role in a highly prestigious financial organization?
Highly successful financial organization seeking a Senior Financial Audit professional with strong communication skills and a proactive risk-based approach to audit. In this high exposure role, the Senior Financial Auditor will perform complex audits, lead and mentor junior audit professionals, and work with senior management to build a top notch SOX controls program.
What are people saying about this company?
• Great benefits, good work life balance
• They care about their workers dearly
• Good people and a lot of opportunity to learn and grow
Title: Senior Financial Auditor
Salary: $75,000 – 100,000
Location: Waterbury, CT
• Participate in the transformation of the SOX department and play a critical role in the development and enhancement of the SOX program.
• Maintain a high level of visibility across the organization with various levels of Management and serve as a key point of contact for lines of business.
• Manage communications with key partners, including messaging of SOX objectives and requirements, managing request lists, and facilitating discussions on controls.
• Collaborate with business line partners to review SOX documentation (risk control matrices, narratives, flowcharts) and identify areas where control enhancements are needed.
• Support the team-oriented culture of the SOX department.
• Mentor less experienced SOX team members and review workpapers where appropriate.
• Research and assess deficiencies identified and work with Management to identify an appropriate solution. Follow-up on remediation activities to verify appropriate resolution.
• Apply audit planning and execution knowledge to support the risk assessment and scoping process.
• Manage communication with external auditors and serve as a liaison between external audit and lines of business.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• 3-5 years of experience in financial auditing / public accounting
• CPA or on CPA track is preferred.
• Big 4 is a plus
• Knowledge of financial services or banking is a plus
• Effective oral, written and analytical skills
• A “team player” who will encourage the open exchange of ideas