Licensed Practical Nurse (Private Duty)
Smith Arnold Partners
The LPN provides excellent, competent patient and family centered care. Provides highly reliable, evidenced based, patient-family centered quality care through assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation, documentation, and evaluation of the effects of nursing care.
The LPN participates in performance improvement/research activities; maintains professional practice, standards and clinical expertise; and demonstrates leadership skills. The LPN demonstrates core and unit specific competencies based on the patient population served. He/she is committed to maintaining the standards of the practice of nursing and is responsible for the delivery of care to the neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and/or elderly patient within their scope of practice. LPN is responsible for high level disinfection and maintenance.
Title: Licensed Practical Nurse
Shifts Available: Part Time, Full Time, Per Diem
Pay: $ 28-30/ hour
Location: Cases in NYC Boroughs, Long Island, Westchester County.
• Provide skilled nursing care to pediatric and adult patients in a home setting
• Plans and manages patient care according to each patient’s needs.
• Interview’s patients and records their medical history and physical condition.
• Obtains patient vital signs, including pulse, blood pressure, temperature, and respiration.
• Provides routine care for patients.
• Observes patients’ health.
• Reviews medical charts.
• Assists physicians and registered nurses.
• Communicates with patients and their families.
• Performs standard diagnostic procedures including EKG, phlebotomy, venipuncture, PFT, and Doppler.
• LPN license in the state of employment
• Home health or Private Duty Nursing experience preferred
• Trach and Ventilator care experience preferred
• Preferred: 1 year of clinical home health service experience
• Sensitivity to the special needs of patients of all ages and related stress they and their family members may experience
For further consideration please email a resume to Tcampbell@Smitharnold.com or call 203-975-6684!!