Technical Accounting Manager
Smith Arnold Partners
Are you an Accounting professional who thrives in a fast-paced entrepreneurial global environment where you will be both rewarded for your efforts, and afforded the opportunity to take your career to the next level? Would a role offering exposure to a leading creator of bio-tech modalities helping to better ensure the health of all people, while partnering with a talented management team be appealing to you? If so, this Technical Accounting Manager opportunity could be for you.
See what people are saying about working here: “Great place to work!”, “Healthcare coverage is superb!”, “Tuition reimbursement is amazing!”, ‘Beautiful location!”, “Collaborative and diverse workforce!”, “Great company to grow with!”
A successful and rapidly growing publicly-traded company is seeking to hire a key Technical Accounting Manager to review contracts and agreements for proposed or executed transactions while collaborating with both US and international business partners and accounting teams. As part of the global Controller’s team, the Technical Accounting Manager will research accounting guidance to identify key accounting issues and provide actionable recommendations to senior management on complex non-routine transactions in support of the strategic growth of the company.
Title: Technical Accounting Manager
Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Salary: $125,000 to $150,000, Bonus eligible
• Responsibilities for the Technical Accounting Manager will include interpreting U.S. GAAP accounting standards and SEC guidance to determine the accounting and financial reporting treatment for new, and/or complex transactions or agreements while partnering with key cross-functional US and international business partners and accounting teams, senior management, and internal and external auditors.
• Preparing and/or reviewing technical accounting memorandums for various transactions.
• Participating in updating/implementing accounting policies and procedures, evolving industry standards, SEC/GAAP regulations, SOX 404 requirements, and best practices.
• Monitoring, understanding, and interpreting new and proposed accounting pronouncements including areas related to accounting for revenue recognition.
• Assisting with the preparation of periodic forms filed with the SEC (Forms 10Q, 10K, and 8K).
• Working with internal partners on initiatives to improve the organization including new processes, procedures, or system enhancements.
• Assisting key stakeholders in assessing financial, operational, and reporting implications.
• Responsible for SOX 404 compliance for direct areas of responsibility and supporting overall SOX 404 compliance.
• Assisting with ad hoc projects and preparing responses to various requests for information.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting is required; CPA required
• Minimum of 6 years of progressive responsibilities – blend of Big 4 and public company experience preferred
• Strong experience in researching and documenting new accounting guidance and treatments
• Comprehensive and current understanding of US GAAP, including recently issued accounting pronouncements and SEC reporting principles and regulations
• Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley and internal control frameworks
• Prior experience in a manufacturing of industrial environment preferred
• Highly proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint