Business Info Systems Manager
Smith Arnold Partners
A stable and growing financial services organization is seeking an experienced Business Information Systems Manager. This role would play a big part in the management of daily operations of the department, developing and motivating a team of support members in delivering excellent application support/customer service in a timely and satisfactory manner.
Job Title: Business Information Systems Manager
Salary: $90K to $100K
Location: Middletown, CT
• Provides management support and guidance to team managers in their roles ensuring the department successfully manages all banking applications in administration, support and reporting to aid the business units in meeting their current and strategic roles.
• Oversees the operational management of the banks Insight System, Enterprise Reporting, Mortgage Origination System and ATM Fleet.
• Evaluates requests and assigns the requests to appropriate personnel.
• Creates and promotes an environment that facilitates strong teamwork and effective communication.
• Serves as a coach and mentor for individual professional growth and development.
• Ensures the operational and security efficiency of the applications assigned to the area.
• Effectively manages the human resource process and responsibilities of the team; including performance appraisals and disciplinary action plans as necessary.
• Communicates both short and long-term goals for team and is able to relate these to the Bank’s strategic goals.
• Primary security administrator of core bank application. Assures that access controls are appropriately set for bank personnel.
• Provides support to the Bank and business units in meeting their current and strategic goals by chairing the Tier 2 Technology committee.
• Participates in account relationship meeting with core vendor.
• Builds strong working relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
• Discretely manages confidential and highly sensitive data.
• Ensures that appropriate business units meet regularly with the Bank’s core processing vendor to discuss issues and opportunities for enhancing the partnership in ensuring the applications continue to align with the Bank’s strategic goals.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in financial core system processing and data development
• Experience managing and/or supervising a multi-functional team preferred
• Demonstrated proficiencies in the following areas
o Ability to influence others in order to move toward a common vision or goal
o Oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
o Ability to present technical subject matter to audiences of varying levels of expertise
o Demonstrated organizational skills
o Work independently on projects and daily tasks, self-starter
o Work collaboratively with a team
o Identify patterns and eagerness to discover underlying root causes