Smith Arnold Partners
Ready to grow your career with the Americas Division of one of the world’s most successful construction, and real estate development and investment companies? Reporting to the CFO of this key business segment, the Assistant Controller will also assist with the accounting functions of the division and its subsidiaries. Additionally, the Assistant Controller will assist the Controller in designing financial and operational strategies, and developing action plans to help shape the company’s future direction and enhance its profitability.
Title: Assistant Controller
Salary: $140,000 to $150,000 Bonus eligible
Location: Union City, NJ
• Responsibilities for the Assistant Controller will include assisting in the implementation of strategic business plans, supervising acquisition due diligence, and supporting acquisition negotiations and tactical initiatives.
• Assisting with oversite of accounting operations of subsidiaries, control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
• Implementing internal control procedures designed to enhance the accuracy of reported financial results.
• Monitoring cash balances and cash forecasts, and maintaining banking relationships.
• Reviewing and analyzing property financial reporting packages, including trial balances, balance sheet reconciliations, project data, and inter-company balances.
• Assisting in compiling financial reports for senior management, such as contract performance, budget project costs, cash projections, and fixed assets reports.
• Assisting in the management of capital requests and budgeting processes.
• Overseeing compilation of consolidated monthly financial statements, annual budgets, and monthly rolling forecasts.
• Participating in the compilation of internal control procedures and accounting policies.
• Ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
• Coordinating audit activities, and performing as a backup for tax reporting and compliance with financial rules and regulations.
• Managing communications with external auditors.
• Participating in ad-hoc projects.
• BS Accounting, CPA or CMA highly preferred
• Big 4 or mid-tier public accounting experience preferred
• 5+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or a division of a large corporation
• Construction and/or real estate industry experience is a plus
• Solid understanding of accounts payables, receivables, cash management, intercompany accounting, and fixed asset accounting. Ability to perform GAAP research is a plus
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Prior experience in Oracle EPM is a plus
• Strong communication and analytic skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment