Manager of Sustainability & ESG
Smith Arnold Partners
Are you a Corporate Sustainability professional seeking an impactful opportunity where you can truly shape a department in a progressive organization?
This is a unique opportunity to join one of the top companies in their industry and be part of an environment where corporate sustainability is a priority. This newly created position in a global organization that will be responsible for creating, integrating, and managing their Sustainability & ESG programs. This position works with internal and external stakeholders to influence the business to drive improving metrics across sustainability and ESG measures. This role will collaborate with and coordinate across functions. Candidates should have a strong understanding of the various international ESG frameworks and the ability to communicate to internal and external stakeholders on sustainability matters while spearheading various stakeholder reporting and disclosure requirements.
What are people saying about this company?
• They invest in their people
• Allow you the independence to do your job without looking over your shoulder. Great environment!
• Supportive. Good benefits. Nice culture to work in. Great people.
Title: Manager of Corporate Sustainability & ESG
Salary: $120K to 140K
Location: Shelton, CT
• Serve as the Company’s in-house subject matter expert on all things ESG/Sustainability;
• Lead and coordinate across functions Sustainability disclosure and reporting processes, content (with customers, suppliers, vendors, shareholders, employees, regulatory and ratings agencies and any other stakeholders) and ongoing material issues assessment.
• Assist with ESG target setting and implementation of best practices.
• Monitor any changes and the impacts on the Company’s disclosures as related to ESG frameworks.
• Assist in the development of an enterprise-wide plan for collection, storage and validation of the Company’s ESG data and content.
• Work cross-functionally with stakeholders from IR, Operations, Strategy, HR, Legal and the business units to communicate, plan for and respond to ESG projects, surveys and required disclosures.
• Develop and draft all ESG related policies and programs, maintain and update the Company’s Sustainability website and generate the initial Sustainability report.
• Be able to synthesize and interpret data to support the Company’s sustainability strategy while focusing on global ESG ratings and disclosure frameworks.
• Lead comprehensive communications campaigns for the Company’s ESG initiatives, including the connection between Sustainability and the Company’s products.
• Manage website content development and maintenance for ESG/Sustainability.
• Stay current on any global ESG trends, tools, metrics and update stakeholders on same.
• Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s degree related to sustainability, environmental science, business or finance preferred.
• 5+ years’ experience in the area of ESG/sustainability review, disclosures and programming.
• Deep understanding of the various international ESG frameworks, including, without limitation, SASB, TCFD, GRI.
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
• Excellent analytical skills required.
• Ability to work with multiple organizational levels including executive leadership teams.
• Proficient in data analysis and Excel modeling; proficient at Power BI and other systems.
• Expertise in Power Point.
• Ability to independently create program goals, work plans and initiatives and execute strategies in a fast-paced environment.
• Prior public company experience preferred.
• Ability to work across functions and to establish new processes and encourage stakeholders.
• Ability to create reporting processes and leverage systems and cross-functional teams to expedite processes.