RN Case Manager
Smith Arnold Partners
Are you looking to work for one of the largest and most prestigious Home Care Providers in the New York metropolitan area?
Looking to work with highly trained and open-minded individuals?
We are excited to announce a new opportunity for a Case Manager with our rapidly expanding CHHA provider with locations throughout the five Burroughs of New York City.
We provide compassionate, exceptional care where people are most comfortable: at home. We are the area’s most comprehensive home care provider with the trusted quality of care. With a new strategy, vision, and technology, we are growing and shaping the future of healthcare!
Title: RN Case Manager
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Schedule: Monday through Friday 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
Salary: $ 100,000-110,000/Year
Administratively responsible for overseeing and reviewing pertinent patient’s clinical condition that warrants follow-up and providing a recommendation to improve outcomes. Participate on quality projects and value-based initiatives that will advance goal-oriented outcomes. Collaborates with Case Managers, Registered Nurses, and insurance companies on planning and executive clinical judgment and interventions. Manages and supervises the Clinical Nurse Manager’s scope of practice and leads the execution and delivery of the expected department goals for patients. Cognizant of various patient transitions, care coordination, and any patient clinical incident.
• Manages pertinent clinical issues and provide recommendations
• Overseas and troubleshoot any clinical issues presented by the patient
• Participate in various quality measures and value-based payment initiatives
• Coordinates with Case Managers to improve patient outcomes
• Assist in developing clinical education that promotes advancement to the Case Managers, Educators and HHA
• An integral member of the organization clinical leadership team that will provide an advisory role
• Function as a clinical consultant to the department
• Monitor incident and event reporting and make a necessary action plan
• Obtaining information and maintaining involvement in all medical and health care treatment and outcomes, with an emphasis on continuity of care
• Promote and support teamwork in the organization
• Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
• Immediately reports serious incidents, serious incident allegations, incidents, or sensitive situations to Director of Operations and Vice President of Nursing
• Always advocate strong leadership qualities and demeanor
• Communicate with VBP program participating vendors
• Provide a weekly clinical report to Insurance Provider
• NY Registered Nurse with Home Care Experience
• Spanish or Mandarin fluently (preferred)