Financial Controller – Hybrid
Smith Arnold Partners
Are you seeking a dyamic Controllership role where you can build and take ownership of the accounting department? Are you interested in building and driving a business from the ground up and build and grow the financial structure of an innovative and environmentally conscious organization?
Our client is an innovative global technology company with a progressive mission of sustainability and will have a positive impact on many environmental challenges of the world we live in. This Controller will be a leader and a pioneer in a new business venture, one that is well-capitalized and positioned for success. The Controller will be building and implementing accounting and financial processes, staffing, and playing a key strategic role in the financial success of the organization.
What are people saying about this company?
• The values of the company are excellent.
• The people are caring and there is a large focus on ethical behavior.
• This is an organization that invests a lot into its employees’ well-being.
Location: Austin, TX (Hybrid/flexible)
Title: Financial Controller
Salary: 100-130K plus bonus
• Supervising the monthly, quarterly and annual tasks within the finance function including A/R, A/P, treasury and Revenue Recognition Be the internal owner of outsourced finance process and ERP system to ensure accurate financial record keeping.
• Manage and develop all monthly management accounts (including compliance with relevant accounting regulations)
• Ensuring control over financial transactions and financial reporting to management, shareholders and debtholders.
• Managing the outsourced payroll process (across all territories)
• Lead month-end and year-end close for all global legal entities
• Implement new processes and platforms to improve efficiency within finance and across the business Managing cash flow and working capital control
• Establish cost and value transparency to enable the company to function effectively as an independent business.
• Work closely with teams to optimize the business and financial models driving the profitability and value creation potential of the business, in a compliant, transparent, and trustful way.
• Create and manage a high performing team to manage the financial aspects of the business.
• CPA, ACCA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent) certification.
• 7+ years post qualification experience.
• Experience building an accounting group is a plus
• Strong financial systems background.
• Experience in presenting financial information at a senior level.
• Experience dealing in multi-territory environments.
• Highly analytical with a strong business acumen
• Fast learner and have the ability to manage multiple ongoing tasks in a fast paced environment, keeping to tight month/year-end deadlines.