Senior Internal Auditor – Hybrid
Smith Arnold Partners
Are you looking for a unique internal audit opportunity, one focused on risk and project management, one which will have a real impact on the organization?
Our client, a growing financial services and insurance organization in the Hartford area, is seeking an outgoing, career-minded leadership professional to add to their growing Internal Audit department. The priority of the Senior Internal Auditor is to lead and perform audit engagements that will deliver an assessment of risks and control effectiveness to management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, while assisting in the accomplishment of its strategic priorities, utilizing a risk-based approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of risk, operational, and governance processes.
What are people saying about this company?
• Management is supportive and flexible
• Very collaborative and welcoming environment
• Can’t say enough good things!
Title: Senior Internal Auditor – Hybrid environment
Compensation: $75,000 – $95,000
Location: Hartford area, CT
• Leads and participates in audits and SOX compliance reviews of various company business functions, incorporating an understanding of business processes, risk assessment techniques, GAAP and statutory accounting principles, and generally accepted accounting standards.
• Diverse assignments in all aspects of the business areas including finance, operations, investment management, actuarial and information technology;
• Frequent interaction with managers and executives within the organization.
• Identifies risks and tests controls associated with financial integrity, operational effectiveness, compliance with rules and regulations, and system and data integrity.
• Develops audit plans, programs and specific tests to evaluate control areas.
• Analyzes findings and test results and arrives at sound fact-based conclusions and appropriate recommendations for problem areas noted.
• Prepares documentation in adherence to internal audit professional standards, best practices and Corporate Audit’s methodology.
• Evaluate risks and control environment by preparing clear/concise workpapers that document procedures performed and support testing conclusions.
• Effectively communicate with internal audit team and stakeholders.
• Contribute to an environment of continuous learning and improvement.
• Demonstrate leadership through engagement and personal development
• Active support of and participation in team meetings and department initiatives
• Bachelor degree in accounting, finance, actuarial, IT, or data science. A Master’s Degree is a plus
• 3+ years in audit, compliance, or related risk management field
• Big 4 / public accounting experience is highly valued
• CPA, CISA, CIA, or other relevant certifications preferred
• Knowledge of Data Analytics is a plus
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, leadership/project management, and the ability to present audit results to supervisors and executives
• Well-rounded knowledge of audit concepts and methodologies
• Relevant experience in the insurance or Investment industry is a plus
• Familiarity with information technology concepts such as infrastructure, cyber security, and application controls is a plus
• Excellent critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Self-starter with strong leadership and project management skills