Accounts Payable Manager
Smith Arnold Partners
Are you an Accounts Payable professional who thrives in a collaborative entrepreneurial environment where you will be both rewarded for your efforts, and afforded the opportunity to partner with all key business partners for a key player in the growing world of logistics and product transportation and distribution while reporting to a top-shelf VP Finance? If so, this Accounts Payable Manager opportunity could be for you.
See what people are saying about working here:
• “Great opportunity to work for an emerging publicly-traded company.”
• “Quick access to surrounding New York locations.”
• “Collaborative and diverse workforce!”
• “Benefits are excellent!”
• “Great company to grow with!”
Title: Accounts Payable Manager
Salary: $90,000 to $110,000 Bonus eligible
Location: Queens, NY
A successful nationwide logistics and transportation support division of a publicly-traded company is seeking to hire a talented Accounts Payable Manager to manage a high volume of A/P transactions and payments for domestic vendors and foreign agents (including foreign currency transactions) central to business operations. Reporting to the division’s VP of Finance, the Accounts Payable Manager will work closely with the Finance Team and Branch Managers to perform and help implement best practices that ensure the company’s competitive position in the market. This is a unique opportunity to work on a fun team supporting the growth of an industry-leading business with a global reach in one of the world’s fastest-growing business sectors.
• Responsibilities for the Accounts Payable Manager will include managing accounts payable transactions and payments for domestic vendors and foreign agents (including foreign currency transactions).
• Reconciling related financial statements, managing “contra” payments, ensuring internal controls compliance, managing cash, and maintaining high service levels for internal and external customers.
• Collaborating with key management to identify, drive, and successfully implement ongoing improvements that automate processes and streamline procedures.
• Maintaining and enhancing internal controls and accounting policies, including compliance with GAAP.
• Managing, motivating, training, and evaluating the accounts payable staff while promoting process efficiencies and best practices.
• Accounting or Business degree (or relevant experience) required; graduate degree preferred.
• 8-10+ years of accounting experience within a fast-paced high growth environment
• 5 years’ experience leading, managing, and developing A/P and general accounting teams.
• Possessing a process improvement mindset geared toward leveraging information systems.
• Strong knowledge of internal controls and applying GAAP principles desired.
• Hands-on ability to utilize Excel (VLOOKUPs, pivot tables), and various ERP systems.