Senior Tax Accountant
Smith Arnold Partners
Highly respected global corporation seeking a key member of their corporate tax accounting team for this Senior Tax Accountant position. Our client has a progressive environment and this Senior Tax Accountant will work in a team environment and take a proactive approach to tax issues affecting the company and the industry. We are looking for an independent thinker with strong federal & state tax accounting ability, OneSource, as well as strong written and verbal communication skills.
Title: Senior Tax Accountant
Salary: $75,000 – $85,000
Location: Norwalk, CT
• Preparation of Federal and Multi-State Income and Franchise Tax Returns for the organization and Subsidiaries.
• Support the Corporate Tax Department, assist in the coordination of all aspects of tax technology, assisting with quarterly tax accounting, and other tax related projects.
• Utilize various applications in the OneSource Tax Software System
• Assist Director of Tax Compliance with implementing Special Projects as required
• BS in Accounting, MST in Tax is a plus
• 4+ years experience required, Masters of Tax is a plus
• CPA / progress towards CPA is a plus
• Broad based knowledge of federal and multi-state corporate tax
• Strong Onesource Tax Software experience
• Knowledge of ASC 740, FIN 48 and APB 23 a plus
• Knowledge in the preparation of financial statements
• Advanced Excel skills required
• Effective problem solver and decision maker
• Self-starter / Self-motivated
• Strong interpersonal skills