Smith Arnold Partners
Are you an accounting professional who thrives in a collaborative entrepreneurial environment where you will be both rewarded for your efforts and afforded the opportunity to partner with all key business partners for a successful global manufacturer of performance materials utilized in a variety of home and office applications? Are you motivated by the opportunity to see the tangible results of your work while partnering closely with a top-shelf team? If so, then this Plant Controller could be for you.
See what people are saying about working here:
• “Great opportunity to work for a successful and growing company.”
• “Quick access to surrounding New Jersey and New York locations.”
• “Collaborative and diverse workforce!”
• “Benefits are excellent!”
• “Great company to grow with!”
Title: Plant Controller
Salary: $115,000 to $135,000 Bonus eligible
Location: Newark, NJ
Reporting to both an accomplished Corporate Controller and Plant General Manager, the Plant Controller will be responsible for providing key guidance to teams working in a fast-paced and highly successful manufacturing environment. Additionally, the Plant Controller will be responsible for maintaining appropriate procedures and controls to ensure the accuracy of manufacturing financial reporting and safeguards the assets of the company.
• Responsibilities for the Plant Controller will include working closely with the Plant General Manager to ensure optimal production schedules are met and coordinating with the Corporate Controller to ensure the timely preparation of monthly closings, and budgets.
• Ensuring the accuracy of the cost accounting system so that accurate information is used for standard product costing and inventory valuations.
• Managing the bill of material product costs to ensure accurate valuation of inventory.
• Providing manufacturing management with timely reporting of operating costs.
• Monitoring production orders and ensuring accurate issues, receipts, and timely settlement.
• Assisting with capital equipment purchasing and analysis and being accountable for controlling fixed asset and capital budgets.
• Collaborating closely with Production scheduling, Purchasing, Production personnel, and Finance.
• Maintaining accurate inventory counts and managing annual audits.
• Investigating the causes of production variances and making actionable recommendations to management when necessary.
• Supporting process improvement initiatives and performing special assignments as requested.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• B.S. in Finance or Accounting.
• 5-10 plus years of cost accounting experience within a manufacturing/batch process industry.
• Ability to Problem solve while managing a team in a fast-paced environment.
• Knowledge of ERP Systems SAP, BPCS strongly preferred.
• Proficiency with Excel spreadsheets.