Director of Technical Accounting
Smith Arnold Partners
Are you looking for an Accounting Advisory role, one that will make a great impact on a high growth organization?
Our client, a publicly-traded technology focused organization is a leader in their industry and a highly progressive organization. This multi-faceted Director of Technical Accounting role will lead the accounting research, advisory efforts as well as be a key contributor to the financial reporting team. This is a high exposure role, working closely with the CAO and VP Accounting/Reporting
Location: Stamford, CT
Title: Director of Technical Accounting
Location: Stamford, CT
• Technical accounting consultation and resolution of complex accounting transactions
• Assist with purchase price accounting for acquisitions and participate in the M&A due diligence process
• Ensure that the Company has put in place and continues to have an effective internal control environment
• Work with external auditors in completing the interim review and year-end audit procedures
• Work with SEC reporting team to prepare reports, including SEC.
• Implementation of new accounting standards including issuance and updating of corporate accounting policies and procedures
• Interface with Internal/ External audit, tax and valuation specialists
• Remain current with the latest developments in accounting and financial reporting
• Assist in training regarding technical accounting matters.
• Promote collegial open communication and build relationships throughout the organization
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. A Master’s is a plus
• 8+ years of progressive experience working with fast paced global organizations
• Experience resolving and documenting complex technical accounting transactions, preparing and reviewing financial reporting documents and ensuring compliance with accounting standards and internal controls policies
• Public Accounting (Big 4 preferred)
• Experience with revenue recognition and leasing standards is a plus
• Demonstrates highly developed organizational, writing and communication skills
• Demonstrated track record of working under deadlines in a fast paced environment, adapting to changing priorities and accomplishing objectives
• Strategic thinking along with the ability to communicate effectively with different levels of management
• Assumes ownership, control and accountability for all areas of responsibility and commitments made to others.