Director of Accounting
Smith Arnold Partners
Are you seeking an opportunity to utilize your CPA, Big 4 public accounting experience and relationship building skills in an impactful way? Are you looking for a global company with brands that you’ll be proud to represent?
Our client, a global manufacturing company in Fairfield County, is looking for a hands-on Accounting Director with Big 4 experience, CPA, and well-rounded corporate accounting experience. You’ll have the opportunity to work with division & business heads to advise and influence how they handle the changes in the accounting world and will have significant effects on the business. Our client is very profitable, successful, and growing, and we are looking for a hands-on Director of Accounting with strong communication skills and high potential for success in this dynamic environment. This high profile Director of Accounting will manage a small staff and have many opportunities for growth.
What People are saying about this company:
– “Great place to work!”
– “Benefits are excellent”
– “Your growth is in your hands”
Title: Director, of Accounting
Location: Stamford, CT
Salary: $160,000 to $190,000
• This position reports to the Senior Director Corporate Accounting and will have 1-2 direct reports.
• Play a key role in overseeing accounting processes, controls and the financial reporting globally.
• Preparation and review of financial reporting requirements
• Implementation of new accounting standards including issuance and updating of corporate accounting policies and procedures
• Interact with subsidiaries and other corporate departments to coordinate the timing and the contents of all deliverables
• Ensure that the Company has put in place and continues to have an effective internal control environment
• Interface with Internal/ External audit, tax and valuation specialists
• Technical accounting consultation and resolution of complex accounting transactions
• Oversee the incentive plan accounting and administration
• Remain current with the latest developments in accounting and financial reporting
• Lead the purchase accounting for acquisitions and participate in the M&A process
• Document and analyze goodwill impairment and segmentation analyses, restructuring activities and other technical accounting topics and transactions
• Periodic financial reviews of subsidiary companies to ensure compliance
• Assist in training regarding technical accounting matters.
• Occasional travel, primarily domestically.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required. A Master’s Degree is a plus
• 8+ years of progressive accounting experience, preferably with a combination of Big 4 and corporate accounting experience.
• Experience working in a global organization with experience resolving and documenting complex technical accounting transactions, preparing and reviewing financial reporting documents and ensuring compliance with accounting standards and internal controls policies
• CPA certification required
• IFRS experience is a big plus
• Demonstrates highly developed organizational, writing and communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, be proactive, take the inititiave, be a self-starter, and frequently exceeds expectations and delivers outstanding results
• Strong leadership and presentation skills
• Prioritizes organizational interests and understands and analyzes impacts of actions to the business with a demonstrated ability of proactive and forward thinking including looking for opportunities and continuous improvements for the business.
• Possesses excellent data analysis skills and attention to detail to grasp complex situations with changing circumstances to develop well-reasoned solutions to get the job done while balancing risks.