Assistant Corporate Controller
Smith Arnold Partners
Our client, a growing manufacturing organization with a global reach is seeking an experienced hands-on accounting & finance professional to join their team as their new Assistant Controller. Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Assistant Controller will be responsible for day-to-day corporate entity accounting/month-end close, cost accounting, corporate consolidation, financial analysis & reporting and working on an upgrade to the Company’s ERP system. Excellent opportunities for growth and likely successor to the Corporate Controller.
What are people saying about this company?
• Excellent work-life balance
• The CEO sets a great tone at the top
• Very nice team environment
Title: Assistant Controller
Salary: $125K – 150K
Location: White Plains, NY
• Assist in all month, quarter and year-end closing activities including journal entry posting, balance sheet reconciliations and corporate expense allocation
• General ledger maintenance including accruals, adjusting entries, account reconciliations, etc.
• Coordinate activities within accounting team to ensure proper entries are made in payroll, job costing, benefits, and various prepaid/advance accounts. Manage and maintain the accuracy of the general ledger
• Close subsidiary books – maintain and reconcile entity accounts. Ensure intercompany postings are accurate and complete
• Identify any discrepancies in the accounts, troubleshoot origin, and make correcting entries to ensure accurate financial reporting.
• Prepare GL account reconciliations and/or oversee the preparation within the team.
• Immersion in inventory costing process. Understand overhead allocations and journal entries for indirect cost allocations
• Validate proper revenue recognition treatment and setup
• Ensure all accounting records, policies and practices are processed and stored according to company practice
• Prepare management reports and assist with completion of the financial reporting packages
• Assist with corporate cash management and cash flow
• Coordinate the annual financial audit, set timelines and review the audited financial statements
• Work on ERP upgrade to ensure a seamless transition
• 7-10 years in day-to-day manufacturing accounting
• CPA certification and public accounting experience
• Advanced Excel abilities
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Great attention to detail
• Highly organized
• Ability to multitask efficiently and effectively