Head of Research
Smith Arnold Partners
A boutique investment advisory firm based in New York seeks a Head of Research to join and strengthen their team. The ideal candidate is quantitatively strong professional who is comfortable providing investment strategies to the firm’s global clientele. In this capacity as Head of Research, the candidate will have a consultive approach and will be tasked with overseeing a small team of analysts quantitatively researching asset class allocations as well as vehicle selection and fund analysis. This position directly reports to the Chief Investment Officer.
Title: Head of Research
Location: New York, NY, flexible work schedule offered
Salary: $200,000, bonus eligible
– Develop research recommendations and direct the execution of varied investment strategies for the firm’s clients.
– Keep the team informed of developments in global markets and determine appropriateness of investment decisions across the entire platform
– Drive the research and economic analysis that will establish the firm as a expert in the advisory field
– Effectively analyze information using all available means including quantitative analysis, econometrics, modeling and scoring investment funds and vehicles across asset sectors
– 5+ years in a leadership role at a top tier investment firm
– Hold an advanced degree in Finance, Economics or other relevant fields
– Have an established reputation as a thought leader in the investment industry
– Strong communication skills, have published investment analysis papers and articles
– Deep knowledge in all areas of investing and be comfortable disseminating recommendations across all investment vehicles.