Smith Arnold Partners
A construction company that has been in business for over 30 years is looking for an accounting professional! This company provides a full range of mechanical management services to commercial properties including financial institutions, entertainment venues, publishing and internet commerce spaces, law, and accounting firms. Some of the clients include Google, Delta Properties, and Turner Construction.
You will direct and oversee the financial activities of the corporation, direct the preparation of current financial reports and summaries, and create forecasts predicting future growth.
“A very solid family-owned company, with family values, and reflection rewards upon your hard work.”
A great company with advancement opportunity, lots of knowledge and helpful.”
“A very good company to work for. Great professional environment, everyone works together to get projects accomplished. Fair employees.”
Location: Long Island City, NY (On-site)
Compensation: $110,000 to $130,000
• Directs the preparation of all financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, shareholder reports, tax returns, and governmental agency reports.
• Compares sales and profit projections to actual figures and budgeted expenses to actual expenses; makes or oversees any necessary adjustments to future projections and budgets.
• Reviews planning process and suggests improvements to current methods.
• Analyzes operations to identify areas in need of reorganization, downsizing, or elimination.
• Works with the President and other executives to coordinate planning and establish priorities for the planning process.
• Studies long-range economic trends and projects their impact on future growth in sales and market share.
• Identifies opportunities for expansion into new product areas.
• Oversees investment of funds and works with investment bankers to raise additional capital required for expansion.
• Drive the company’s financial planning.
• Perform risk management by analyzing the organization’s liabilities and investments.
• Decide on investment strategies by considering cash and liquidity risks.
• Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the organization’s operations.
• Manage vendor relationships.
• Ensure compliance with the law and company’s policies.
• Manage team of financial controllers and financial analysts.
• Liaison with lenders and help raise capital.
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting/Finance
• 6+ years of similar experience in Construction/Real Estate Development
• Excellent management and supervisory skills.
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
• Proficient in database and accounting computer application systems.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.